Yes, another sangria recipe! This one is different in that it combines the flavors of fresh pineapple along with juicy stone fruit and the crispness of a nice Pinot Grigio. It is sweet but not too sweet and makes a perfect accompaniment for any summer gathering! Also try it alongside chicken tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, or my enchilada soup recipe!
Prep Time: Less than 10 minutes
Total Time: At least 2 hours
Serving Size: About 8oz
- 2 ripe peaches,* washed and sliced into wedges
- 2 ripe nectarines,* washed and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, cubed or sliced into wedges
- 2 bottles of good-quality Pinot Grigio, chilled
- ½ cup of peach-flavored vodka or peach schnapps
- 2 6oz cans of Prosecco (or half a bottle of prosecco)
Let’s do this!
- Start by cleaning and cutting the fruit. Place the fruit in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Add the bottles of wine and the peach-flavored vodka or liqueur to the pitcher. Stir to combine with the fruit, gently pressing down on the fruit to release its juices.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the Prosecco to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Serve this cocktail over ice. Enjoy!
*You can double up on the peaches if you don’t have nectarines or vice-versa.
**This recipe can easily be doubled. I would double the amount of fruit and peach-flavored liquor, add one more bottle of Pinot Grigio and use an entire bottle of Prosecco.
***I do not endorse drinking in excess (drunkenness), underage drinking nor consuming alcohol if you’re an addict or are in recovery. Know your limits. Please drink responsibly.