My family has a small obsession with M&Ms. Plain, peanut, peanut butter, almond, brownie batter, crispy, pretzel…give us all of the M&Ms! We don’t discriminate! Moreover, we buy every seasonal pack that releases and aren’t afraid to try limited flavor variations either. Sure, we eat them as sweet treat on their own (I often store M&Ms in a glass candy jar) but more times than not we mix them into our popcorn, put them in our pancakes, top them on our ice cream or bake them into cookies or other desserts.
This recipe is one of those desserts and is one we make year-round (with every seasonal M&M release, of course)! It is easy to make, able to be frozen (and thawed or reheated), and always satisfies any M&M craving.
M&M Blondie Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 24-28 minutes
- 2 1/8 cups of flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 1 ½ sticks of butter (12 tbsp), melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark, regular-size or mini)
- 12oz bag of M&Ms
Let’s do this!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with tinfoil (allow the foil to hang over the sides of the pan) and spray with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-to-large size mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or using a stand mixer, blend the sugars with the melted butter. Gradually, beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, about ½ a cup at a time, making sure not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan. Using a spatula or a large spoon, spread the batter so it reaches all sides of the pan. Pat down the batter so the top is smooth, making sure all of the M&Ms and the chocolate chips are pressed down.
- Bake for about 24-28 minutes. The top of the bars will be golden brown. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
*These bars can be stored in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.