Rose is my favorite wine to drink during the warmer months of the year so naturally I experimented with it to concoct a sangria recipe.
Friends, this may be the BEST sangria I’ve tasted! With hints of raspberry and strawberry and subtle bubbles from sparkling water and wine, this rose sangria is summery and oh, so refreshing! But don’t take my word for it – try it for yourself!
Prep Time: Less than 10 minutes
Total Time: At least 2 hours
Serving Size: About 8oz
- 1 lemon, scrubbed and sliced into wheels
- ½ cup of raspberries, rinsed
- 1 cup of strawberries, rinsed and halved
- 1 bottle of good-quality rose, chilled
- ¼ cup of Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 2 6oz cans of sparkling rose (or half a bottle of sparkling rose)
- 1 12oz cans of sparkling water* (strawberry or raspberry flavor, plain or lemon would also work)
Let’s do this!
- Start by cleaning the fruit, making sure to scrub the lemon. (This is especially important if you are not using organic fruit.) Slice the lemon into wheels and cut the strawberries in halves or quarters. Place the fruit in the bottom of a large pitcher.
- Add the bottle of wine and the raspberry-flavored liqueur to the pitcher. Stir to combine with the fruit. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the sparkling water and the sparkling wine to the pitcher, stirring to combine.
- Serve this cocktail over ice. Enjoy!
*This recipe can easily be doubled. Double the amount of fruit, rose, raspberry-flavored liqueur, and sparkling water and use an entire bottle of sparkling rose.
**I do not endorse drinking in excess (drunkenness), underage drinking nor consuming alcohol if you’re an addict or are in recovery. Know your limits. Please drink responsibly.