Over the years and by trial and error (read: caving into their cravings), I’ve learned kids will relentlessly request more food until they are full or their mind has moved on to the next activity (or is that just my kids?).
Most moms know the “I’m hungry” groans tend to run on repeat until mom either goes mad or can figure out a way to satisfy the “hunger pains.” Moms – or anyone looking for a healthy snack option – I think I found a solution! I present to you…homemade yogurt popsicles!
These Berry Yogurt Pops are packed with nutritious goodness and taste yummy, too! From the calcium and protein provided through the Greek yogurt to the plethora of berries packed into every pop, this cool and creamy treat tastes indulgent while also curbing an afternoon appetite. My kids love these pops so much that it buys me at least an hour or two before I hear “I’m hungry” once again. 😉
Berry Yogurt Pops
Makes: 6 popsicle
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Freeze Time: 4+ hours
Total Time: 4+ hours
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, honey, or any other flavor you desire)
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 ½ cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or any combination*)
Let’s do this!
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, half & half, vanilla, and sugar.
- Evenly divide the berries amongst the 6 popsicle molds.
- Pour or spoon the yogurt mixture into each mold. Insert the popsicle handle “stick” into each mold and freeze for at least 4 hours.
*If you use strawberries and/or blackberries, I suggest chopping them into smaller pieces so the berries can fit into the popsicle mold.